Does thermoplastic rubber belong to plastic or rubber?
Thermoplastic rubber products not only have the traditional crosslinked vulcanized rubber of high elasticity, aging resistance, oil resistance and other excellent properties, but also have the characteristics of ordinary plastic processing convenient, wide processing methods.It can be produced by injection molding, extrusion, blow molding and other processing methods, and 100% direct secondary use after the nozzle edges and corners are crushed.
It not only simplifies the processing process, but also reduces the processing cost, so the thermoplastic elastomer TPE/TPR material has become the latest material to replace the traditional rubber, its environmental protection, non-toxic, comfortable feel, beautiful appearance, make the product more creative.
Therefore, it is also a new synthetic material with more humanization and high grade, and it is also a world standard environmental protection material.
Thermoplastic elastomer has the physical and mechanical properties of vulcanized rubber and the processing properties of thermoplastic plastics. It is a new kind of polymer material between rubber and resin, and is often called the third generation rubber. Thermoplastic rubber belong to synthtic rubber.
The advantages of thermoplastic rubber:
(1) Can be used in general thermoplastic molding machine processing, such as injection molding, extrusion molding, blow molding, compression molding, pass mold molding, etc.
(2) Can be vulcanized by rubber injection molding machine, the time can be shortened from about 20min to less than lmin.
(3) Can be pressed out of the machine molding vulcanization, pressure out speed, short vulcanization time.
(4) The waste products produced in the production process (escape rough edges, extrusion waste glue) and the final waste products can be directly returned for reuse.
(5) The used TPE products can be simply recycled and then reused to reduce environmental pollution and expand the source of resource recycling.
(6) Does not need vulcanization, saves energy, take high pressure hose production energy consumption as an example: rubber is 188MJ/kg, TPE is 144MJ/kg, can save more than 25% of energy.
(7) Self-reinforcing, greatly simplified formula, so that the influence of the compound on the polymer constraints greatly reduced, the quality and performance is easier to grasp.
(8) Open up new ways for the rubber industry and expand the application field of rubber products.